First of all, don't be ashamed of doing this because a lot of us have probably done this several times and I'll just be straight up and admit I have too. A couple of weeks ago you decided to work out everyday and until today it's been fine... but today you can't be bothered so decide to go on your laptop all day. Well maybe some of these tips can help you stay motivated and help you carry on working out because we all know that sometimes missing out one day can lead to missing out even more!
- I feel like one of the most important things is to set yourself a goal so you can carry on working towards it to try and achieve it.
- Set a regular workout time. Once you have a set time, you know when you have to do it; if you don't you'll end up procrastinating and then never doing it because you have the excuse: 'it's too late now'!
- Have a variety of different ways to workout, make sure it isn't boring you to death. Explore new ways to workout to try and find ways that you enjoy and switch it up occasionally, if you're always doing a mini workout routine in your bedroom then why not go on a run for a change this time.
- Find out more workout routines on the internet and try watching some to inspire you. Check out youtubers that enjoy fitness to take some inspiration yourself (let it help you set a sensible goal too).
- Take yourself shopping and buy some sports gear that you like and that might help to motivate you to workout.
- Listen to music! Make this time a little bit more fun by playing music, it's surprising how less boring it becomes when your listening to you favourite band/artist.
- See if a friend is interested and workout together.
- Reward yourself, once you achieve each goal buy yourself a little something or do something you've always wanted to do. Then next time you can achieve another goal and then be rewarded again.
Those are just some ideas on how to keep motivated for working out! These are my personal favourites but I'm sure there are lots of other ways too. Do you have any other ways you like to stay motivated? Let me know in the comments!!